Last Modified: August 10, 2016
1. Information We Collect, and How We Collect It
Information That You Provide
We collect information and personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
Information From Third Parties (Including Your Email and Contacts Services)
- Registration information. We collect personal information that you provide when you sign up on the Site, such as for an account. This information may include your name, email address, and password.
- Inquiries and Feedback. If you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us.
We also collect and receive information about you from third parties, including the following:
Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)
- Information from your email and contacts services. Areas of the Site may ask you to authorize us to access your email and contacts services. For example, if you use Gmail, Google may present you with a screen asking for authorization for us to access and view information in your email and contacts services. If you authorize us to access your email and contacts services, we may access, collect and receive information from each of those services without further action from you, and we will continue to do so until you revoke our access to your email and contacts services following the instructions in the Your Choices section later in this Policy. The information we access may include any information contained in your email and contacts services (including contact information and e-mail contents, which we may access and scan automatically), and the information we collect and receive may include information about your contacts or other people that you have sent emails to, received emails from, or that are otherwise identified in emails in your email account, including without limitation: names, titles, email addresses, phone numbers, company or organization names and information, email bounce information, reply rates, social media handles, contacts in common, supervisor names, email headers and any other information that your email and contact services give us access to (all, collectively “Lead Data”). The Lead Data we collect and receive may depend upon your privacy settings with the email and contacts services you use, though we do not control those settings or promise they will be effective. You should review and customize your privacy settings with your email and contacts services before allowing us to access them. Note, we describe below our use and sharing of Lead Data, but know that when we share Lead Data with other users or subscribers of our Services, we will not directly identify you as the source of the Lead Data.
- Information from other websites and search results. We may collect information about you that is located on other websites or that appears in search engine search results. The information we collect may include: names, titles, email addresses, phone numbers, social media handles, supervisor names, company or organization names and information, and any other information about you that appears on other websites or in search results.
- Information we receive from third parties. We may receive information about you from third parties, such as marketing and advertising service providers, data brokers, other companies that you do business with, and from the email and contact services of other users of our Services. We may also collect information about you from public records or that is otherwise publicly available. The information we receive may include: names, titles, email addresses, phone numbers, social media handles, supervisor names, company or organization names and information, and any other information about you that these third parties or public sources make available to us.
We also automatically collect information about you and any computer or device you use to access the Site. Some of the information we collect, and ways we collect it, include:
2. Information Third Parties Collect
Cookies. When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer or device that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, computer, or device. A cookie may also convey other information to us, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifiers, browser settings and specifications, and information about how you use the Site (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Site, and other actions you take on the Site). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Site over time.
- Log Files. We may record log file information each time you access the Site. This information may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, information about your device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) which may collect information about you, your computer or device such as your web request, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, information about your device, pages viewed, information about cookies, all of which can show your Site usage patterns.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access the Site with a mobile device, we may collect and store a unique identifier associated with your device (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, and phone number.
When you visit or use the Services, third parties may obtain information about you or your computer or device. These third parties may include:
3. How We Use Information
Service Providers. We may use service providers to help us with the Services or any other lawful activity may do, including the other activities we describe under this Policy. This means service providers may collect, process, and store any of the information that we may collect under the Policy, and information collected in connection with the Services may be collected directly by our service providers. For example, we may use service providers to help us transmit and store data and information collected in connection with the Services.
- Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising. We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about you, your computer or device when you visit or use the Site. This information may be collected automatically, including through cookies, social media plug-ins, and other technologies. The information collected, and manner in which it is collected, may include the information and methods described in the “Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)” section above. These third parties may collect information about your use of the Site over time, and they may combine it with other information that they possess or obtain about you, such as about your use of other websites and services. These third parties may use this information for our or for third party purposes, including commercial purposes such as tailoring advertising to you on the Site or in other locations like third party websites and services. For example, we may use Mixpanel, which may use technologies like cookies to collect information, including for Mixpanel’s own purposes. Mixpanel wants us to provide you with a link to its opt-out page at https://mixpanel.com/optout/, and it also wants us to tell you that if you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) you may also clear the Mixpanel opt-out cookie. For information about choices that you may have about this information collection and use, see the “Your Choices” Section below.
We collect, use, process, combine, retain, and store personal information that we collect or receive for a variety of purposes, including the following:
We will also collect, use, process, combine, retain and store Lead Data for a variety of purposes, including the following:
For our business activities, including to operate the Services, maintain your account, and to provide our products and services;
- To process your payment;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, and to contact you about changes to the Services;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you our and third party special offers or other products or services we think that you may be interested in;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To enforce this Policy or the Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, and otherwise to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
4. Sharing of Information
- For our business activities, including to operate the Services, maintain your account, and to sell, share, and otherwise disclose Lead Data to third parties, including, without limitation, our customers or other third parties;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements; and
- For any other purpose that you consent to.
We also transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information and Lead Data to third parties, including:
When we share Lead Data with other users or subscribers of our Services, we will not directly identify you as the source of the Lead Data.
- To service providers, subcontractors, partners, vendors, consultants, and others that help us with any of the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To our affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, and other related companies, all for the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To third parties for third party research, marketing or advertising (including online advertising) purposes.
- To third parties to respond or comply with, in our sole discretion, a court order, subpoena, law enforcement or other government request (with or without notice to you, in our discretion);
- To buyers, successors, or others in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred;
- To other third parties with your consent or upon your consent; and
- To third parties, in our discretion, to: (i) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (ii) enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Services, other Services users, or third parties.
5. Information Access and Correction
If you have registered for an account with the Site, we may provide you with the ability to access, review and change certain personal information by logging into the Site, visiting your account page, and using the features and functionalities available there.
Not all personal information is maintained in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information, you may send your request to us at email@example.com. We will review your request, and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request. For example, the personal information may already have been relied or acted upon, or disclosed to third parties, and we generally do not take steps (or have the ability to take steps) to undo prior reliance or actions. We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or if doing so would be burdensome in our discretion.
6. Your Choices
We strive to give you choices about how your personal information is used. These choices include the following:
7. Do Not Track Preferences
Email and Contacts Services Access, and Collection and Receipt of Lead Data. If you would like to end our access to your email and contacts services, and our collection and receipt of Lead Data, please use the corresponding settings in your email and contacts services. For example, if you use Google and you have allowed us to access your Contacts or Gmail email service, you should use the appropriate Google-provided settings to end our access. Visit security.google.com and security.google.com/settings/security/permissions for more information.
- Marketing E-Mails. We may send you marketing e-mails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive them, you can opt-out following the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to honor your request within 10 business days. If you opt-out, we will still send you e-mails for service purposes, such as for communications about your account and responses to your requests;
- Online Advertising. As described above in this Policy, we collect and may permit third parties to collect information using cookies and other technologies. You may be able to “opt out” of some of this information collection by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device, but we do not promise that such settings will be effective. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for information on the settings offered for cookies or other tracking technologies. To learn more about cookies, you may wish to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookies-leaving-trail-web and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Opt-Out pages at http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/choices-mobile (for mobile devices).
While we want to honor your privacy as described in this Policy, unfortunately the Services do not monitor for or behave differently if your computer or browser transmits a “do not track” or similar message to us or the Services.
8. Data Protection
We take what we believe to be commercially reasonable steps to help protect personal information that we collect, but we do not guarantee that personal information will be completely protected. For example, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen account credentials such as a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping those credentials confidential. Do not give your credentials to anyone else. If you enter a section of the Site that requires a password, you should log out when you leave. If you believe that any account credentials for the Services have been compromised, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
9. Transfer Internationally
Personal information and Lead Data may be transferred to, processed in, or stored in countries and jurisdictions around the world, including facilities in the United States. The laws in these countries and jurisdictions may have greater or lesser protections for the personal information and Lead Data than the ones that exist in the country or jurisdiction where you reside. By visiting or using the Services, you agree to the transfer, processing, and storage of personal information and Lead Data in the United States, or in any other country or jurisdiction around the world.
10. Data Retention
We tend to keep personal information and Lead Data for as long as we deem necessary for our business purposes, or as otherwise required to operate the Services, comply with your requests, or comply with applicable law.
11. Information From Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and believe that your child may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
12. Third Party Websites
The Site may provide links to third party websites and online services. This Policy does not describe the privacy practices of those websites or services. Please review the privacy policies of those websites or services before providing personal information to them.
13. Updates To This Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will update the “Last Revision Date” at the end of the Policy. Your continued use of the Services after an updated Policy is posted constitutes your consent to the revised Policy.
14. Contacting Us
If have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
15. Last Revision Date
This Policy was last revised on August 10, 2016.